Friday, December 22, 2017

Ladhak & Kashmir 2010 - Day 11 - Return from Zanskar...


Our next destination was Kashmir. To get there, we would have to go back to Kargil, which would take the whole day and then halt there for the night before travelling westwards the next morning.

We hired a vehicle, an SUV or a Jeep, on a sharing basis and left Padum quite early in the morning. I slept mostly and when awake, managed to take these pictures. They were taken from a moving vehicle and since we were sharing it with others, I couldn’t freely ask the driver to pause every now and then, much to the relief of my parents who were by then fed up of my photography.

Although it was the same trail, the pictures are different as the direction of our journey was different. I am tying to resist my urge to get philosophical here.

I love the picture of Rangdum Gompa which looks exactly as it does in my travel guide. I also love the little tents in those surroundings.

The yellow burst was special because of its location in the midst of all pervading grey blue.







































No comments: