Thursday, June 14, 2007

Thinking Aloud......The list of millionaires

A table topic in Toastmasters
“Every morning I wake up and pick up the Forbes magazine. If I don’t find my name in the list of millionaires, I go to work.”

Not really…………..
I for one don’t look forward to being on the list of millionaires. I don’t know if they are as happy, as content as I am.

Everyday, life presents before me a menu from which I may choose. There is more food on the table than I can assimilate. I have so many colourful clothes to wear. I have all the accessories that I want. There are shopping malls mushrooming in every corner of the city. The very presence of material abundance is a feast to the senses. I am blessed to live in the lovely city of Bangalore.


I am keeping good health. It has been a few years since I visited a doctor. Touchwood.

I listen to music everyday. I have friends with whom I have engaging conversations to my heart’s content and no enemies.

I am at peace with myself. I am at peace with life.

I wonder……I don’t wonder. I am sure those millionaires are not as blessed as happy as I am.
Therefore, I don’t eagerly look forward to being on that list. Thanks to life and thanks to people around me.

1 comment:

deepocean2k said...

I think its a wrong perception that millionaires are not happy!!!